Saturday, October 01, 2005

Men want to be fair too, stupid!

I have not seen anything as revolutionary since sliced bread! A fairness cream just for men! And check out how unique and original the name is too! "Fair And Handsome". Yes, I am serious.
Launched recently (I saw the TVC where a college guy sneaks into the girls hostel to steal their fairness cream... cream of all things!), this disaster sounding product might just do well. Considering the fact that Indian women have always wanted to be 'fair', this was the next logical step. So now, we shall soon have self-depricating ads about how a man got left behind in life because he was not fair or was too dark and how by using this Rs 30 tube of ointment (which could be moisturiser for all I know), he can catch up and indeed leave the rest behind.
So now, we shall soon have self-depricating ads about how a man got left behind in life because he was not fair or was too dark and how by using this Rs 30 tube of ointment (which could be moisturiser for all I know), he can catch up and indeed leave the rest behind.
What a load of bull.
I, for one, would not be caught dead usnig or buying this. Here's a news link about this. Also read here, here, here and here.

On the side, this is one of the most tech commercials I have ever seen. [Compaq Widescreen notebook]

Technorati : , , ,


posted by Scribbler @ 2:59 am

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India

I'm a photographer, writer, geek and sports fan!











Powered by Blogger

Design by Beccary



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Scribbler-A. Make your own badge here.






Get Firefox!